A few days ago I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Small But Mighty Adventures, you should go check out her blog as well, I think her content is great and very diverse!
Im pretty stoked and grateful that she nominated me and remembered my site for her nomination. I have only been blogging for a few months and I am so fresh and new at all of it. I have a lot of fun with it and I hope that my readers can be some how inspired by my content and I can hopefully share with everyone an adventure.
According to the creator of this blog topic, Okoto Enigma,
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. -Okoto Enigma
Im thankful that Okoto created this topic, and I think its a great way to find and share amazing blogs out there with great content and learn a little about the authors! With all of that I am humbled that I was nominated and I was excited to write this blog, as I am learning new skills that I can apply to my future blogs. The rules on this are simple,
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things about Myself
- I have had 2 open heart surgeries and now I have a pacemaker, but I don’t let it slow me down.
- I love to road trip and drive with the music all the way up, and sing every word in the car at the top of my lungs!
- I worked on an ambulance as an EMT for 3 years, and I am working toward my nursing degree, as I am now employed as an Emergency Room Tech and I want to make the next step in my career.
Being that this blog is such a cool concept to get people some recognition for their hard work, their amazing blogs, and sites that they have created, I want to nominate the following people.
- Our Tripy Life
- Colin in the USeh?
- National Parks USA
- The Life Bus
- Life on a Colorado Farm
- The Full Time RV Lifestyle
- Miss Adventure Pants
- Bend Branches
These are all amazing and motivational blogs that I follow, it was hard to narrow it down and pick out 10 people to nominate, I encourage you to follow them, and seek out other amazing hard working bloggers too!
5 Questions that I was given to answer:
- To where was your most inspiring trip and why?
One of my most inspiring and memorable trips was a solo road trip that I went on a few years ago, it went through Utah and Colorado. It was such an amazing trip, I started with no plans other than to explore Utah and the National Parks within and see where the road took me and the good road trip vibes. I had no idea I was going to see so much and go so far on my own. This was an amazing trip for healing as well as personal growth, as I was going through a tough time in my life at that time. Everything that could go right on this trip went right, there was not a single hang up.
2. Of what travel-related achievement are you most proud of?
I am most proud of my self being able to travel places solo with no plans other than to get to a destination and go from there. It is such a freeing yet humbling experience, and there are so many kind and interesting people out there to talk to and learn from, I believe everyone offers something for you to learn so get learning. Solo travel lets you be you, and go or do whatever you want when you want. Traveling with others is great too, but there is just something about traveling solo that builds your confidence and many other life skills.
3. What is the weirdest thing you have eaten and what did it taste like?
One time I ate a small beetle. I was playing beer pong with some friends at my cabin, and we were outside, and a beetle landed in a cup on my side. Someone on the other side of the table saw it and sunk a ball in the cup with the beetle and said I had to drink it down, having had a few drinks this sounded like a good idea at the time. I drank down the beer but the beetle didn’t go down so I had to chew it up. I don’t remember much of a taste, as much as the crunch and release of gooey liquids, and when I gulped it down a leg was stuck in my teeth and I had to pull it out. haha
4. If you had to give up one mode of transport, what would it be and why?
If I had to give up one possible mode of transport, it would be rollerblades for sure. Im not sure if anyone still does this or not, I definitely don’t. My reasoning is because I love driving in my truck and road tripping, it lets me go far. I can’t give up airplanes because they let me go even farther! also mountain bikes are sick so can’t get rid of that and I was a skateboarder for years, so yeah I would give up rollerblades as a mode of transport.
5. If you owned a boat, what would you call it and why?
If I owned a boat I would call it Lucky, because in all my travels I have always been lucky and that everything works out perfectly. For example, I have frequently gotten to places late at night and there is only one place left available. Things like that always happen for me and I feel lucky to be living the life that I live. With all my heart problems I feel just lucky to be alive.
5 questions for my nominees to answer.
- If money was not a factor, what would you want to do for the rest of your life?
- What is the number one travel destination you have been to?
- If you were given the opportunity to explore another human life supporting planet but you couldn’t come back to earth, would you do it? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite season of the year, summer, fall, spring, or winter, and why?
- If you could live totally off the grid, where would it be and why?
Share a link to your best post.
I think one of my favorite posts so far is my Waimea Canyon | Kauai, Hawaii post. It is about a huge canyon in Kauai, Hawaii. Being that I am an Arizona “native” and have seen the Grand Canyon many times, this reminds me of a tropical version of the Grand Canyon. In a sense it is a home state feature found in another place.
This was a fun post to do, and I hope you enjoy reading this, and learning a little bit more about me!